We are excited for this year’s Braille Challenge and have some exciting grant & activity opportunities.
2022 Iowa Regional Braille Challenge
Date: Saturday, February 26, 2022 (snow date Saturday, March 5, 2022)
Where: Iowa Department for the Blind, 524 Fourth Street, Des Moines, IA 50309
Theme: The Magic of Braille
Testing Remotely: Students may test remotely with their TVI or paraeducator. The remote testing window runs from February 1, 2022 – February 18, 2022
Registration Due: Tuesday, January 25
This year, we are offering:
- Opportunity for children to participate from any grade level, kindergarten through grade 12, and can be at any reading and writing level, or who are brand new to braille.
Grants and Activities
- Lodging at no cost at the Renaissance Des Moines Savery Hotel located less than two blocks from IDB for Friday and/or Saturday nights.
- Travel reimbursement of $50.00 for families who live more than 50 miles from Des Moines.
- Free parking during the Braille Challenge
- Lunch for participants and their families
- Sunday tickets to the Science Center of Iowa
The 2022 Braille Challenge Page has been updated with the most up to date information and registration forms.
Watch for more blog posts and updates to the 2022 Braille Challenge Page for updates and information about how to order this year’s Iowa Braille Challenge t-shirt.
Questions? Contact Karen Cunningham, 515-452-1339, email@example.com